Just like any other orthopaedic problems, shoulder joint has also shown a great increase in the recent years. The condition comes with extreme pain in the shoulder. One needs to be aware of the condition to get proper frozen shoulder treatment. Here is a brief description about Frozen Shoulder.
What is a frozen shoulder?
Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis, is a condition where the person suffers from extreme pain and stiffness in the shoulder joint. Frozen shoulder develops when the shoulder capsule, which is the connective tissue around the shoulder joint, becomes thicker and more rigid, thus restricting the movement of the shoulder. The frozen shoulder comprises 10-15 per cent of all shoulder-related issues. Frozen shoulder is less likely to be seen in men. It is comparatively seen more in women. Studies show that almost 70 per cent of the frozen shoulder cases are observed in women.
What are the main causes of frozen shoulder?
Frozen shoulder can be caused by a variety of reasons. The main ones being,
- Frozen shoulder can occur due to a result of surgeries and traumas where the shoulder will be set in such a way that it remains immobilized for a long time.
- Infections, inflammatory or degenerative states also play a great role in leading to the condition called frozen shoulder.
- Age is also a factor leading to the condition. The age group, especially between 40 and 60 has higher risks of suffering from a frozen shoulder.
- Women who are already suffering from conditions like thyroid or diabetes are more prone to a frozen shoulder.
- As mentioned before, any factors leading to a long period of shoulder immobility will increase the risk factors of being succumbed to a frozen shoulder.
- Diabetes is also considered as a reason for frozen shoulder.
- Hormonal Imbalance, lethargic lifestyle, and weak postural muscles increase the risks of frozen shoulder in women.
What are the symptoms of frozen shoulder?
- Swelling in the shoulder caused by lack of movement.
- Stiffness and pain in the shoulder
Frozen shoulder treatment in Bangalore
Timely treatment, proper evaluation of the condition and physiotherapy can cure frozen shoulder. Treat your frozen shoulder under the best group of orthopaedic surgeons in the country. Yes, Ortho one Orthopaedic Speciality Clinic, headed by the very reputed orthopaedic surgeon specialised in Shoulder arthroscopy and sports medicine, Dr.Banarji B H, provides intensive care and treatment supported by modern medical technologies at Orthopaedic hospital in Bangalore. Hurry up, book your appointment now and get your frozen shoulder treated.
Visit us @ orthobangalore.com
Mail us: email@example.com
Book an appointment: orthobangalore.com/book-appointment